Winter in Macomb & Oakland, Michigan (MI) can feel like it goes on forever, and it will never warm up! Luckily, it won’t be long before your drab, snow covered landscape is transformed into the serene habitat, full of color and biodiversity that you recall from last season. One important step to getting your water feature back in shape is to have it serviced in the Spring. Lucky for you, Put's Ponds & Gardens, specializes in Spring pond cleaning & maintenance services.
All Put’s Ponds & Gardens customers in the Macomb & Oakland, Michigan (MI) area receive a custom price quote for their cleanout. If we have serviced your pond in the past or if we installed your pond we can give you a cost for your cleaning once you have contacted us. If you are a new customer we will require an onsite visit to familiarize ourselves with your pond and to give you an accurate Spring Pond Maintenance price. If you would like to hire Put’s Ponds & Gardens to perform your spring maintenance services please fill out the Spring Pond Maintenance form to the right to receive your clean out Pricing or a Pond Profile.
Please be aware that we have several hundred Macomb & Oakland, Michigan (MI) area Pond customers that rely on us to help with their “Spring Start ups” every year. All Spring Maintenance scheduling is done on a first come first serve basis, if you delay submitting your deposit, your clean-out could easily be delayed to May or later!!
Once we receive your clean-out request we will contact you to go over any questions you may have.
What is the Pond Cleaning Process?
Some of you know what this entails, but for those that are new to water gardening here is the rundown:
- FIRST (and most importantly!) get your name on the Spring Clean out roster. We service hundreds of water gardens beginning when the ice thaws, so waiting is NOT your best option!
- We will call or email you (from the info you provide on the info form) to schedule an appointment to give you your Pond Clean cost.
- You will need to submit your Spring Pond Clean out Deposit in order to get on our Calendar.
- On Pond clean out day, be sure to have your garden hose outside (and the water turned on!), waterfall pump(s) and other components readily available and your water garden electrical outlet turned on.
- Put's Ponds & Gardens will now get down & dirty with your water feature! We will drain the water (temporarily housing the fish if you have them). The next step is to give the water feature a quick pressure washing and rinse (we don’t want to remove every bit of the beneficial Bio-Film). Once washed down they will trim back and fertilize aquatic plants, check and replace underwater light bulbs or fixtures, re-adjust rocks & gravel and finally install the waterfall pump. When all of this is finished, they will begin refilling the water feature (and re-introducing your fish if you have them). Any requested water treatment products will be left for you.
- If your water garden includes a pond with fish, upon finishing your clean out we will refill the pond with enough water to re-introduce your fish. For Larger ponds YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING THE FILLING PROCESS AND PLUGGING IN THE WATERFALL PUMP (We have estimated your labor costs based on this assumption to keep your clean out costs to a minimum).